Kristin, who makes everyone look a little bit lazy by how much she squeezes into the day, tagged me for this. The post I was working on wasn’t quite ready, and this seemed like a little more fun to do, so thanks Kristin, I told you I’d get right on it!
To do list (i.e. “the rules”):
- Mention the person who tagged me, check.
- Complete the list of 8’s, check.
- Tag 8 bloggers & tell them I tagged them, check.
Eight things I am looking forward to:
- the time when I am no longer surprised by random moments of grief and pain over Mr. X and my time with him
- having my last name back after the divorce is final
- having my house sell (please somebody buy it so there is nothing else holding me to him!)
- the day I feel strong enough to move out into my own place (well, mine and Miss Famous’ place :))
- my parents’ surprise 40th anniversary party on June 14th
- having a job so that I don’t have to ask my parents for money all the time (sounds like high school, no?)
- my next dinner out with the Bread Maven (my only friend in the close vicinity)–as yet unscheduled
- going back to the lake (I went a few weeks ago with my sister and her brood), but this time with Miss Famous in attendance (I didn’t know dogs were allowed when I went the first time)
Eight things I did yesterday:
- helped my mom buy rugs
- helped mom clean the old rugs and decided where to put them
- made dinner for my niece
- gave Miss Famous a bath
- talked on the phone with a good friend
- jumped on the trampoline with the niece (my first time in a LOOOOOONG time back on the trampoline, much to her delight)
- picked up my car from the mechanic–it was having the horn repaired for the inspection so I can get my car registered here
- cleaned the kitchen, after convincing the niece (I was babysitting) to help me (the payoff was that I would jump on the trampoline with her)
Eight things I wish I could do:
- Go visit my friends in the Netherlands RIGHT NOW.
- Turn off my feelings at will.
- Show people the truth about Mr. X.
- Know who is worthy of my trust, and who is not.
- Stop worrying about money.
- Have all “my” people live close to me and not scattered around the world
- Stop worrying about what people are thinking about me.
- Move on to the next phase of my life already–the one where I feel strong and successful.
Eight shows I watch:
(This was kind of hard as I don’t watch TV right now. When I have watched in the recent past it’s usually been DVDs of shows; but it’s been awhile–well, since the Great Escape, anyway. The following list are shows I have seen and liked.)
- The Wire
- The Closer
- The Shield
- Flight of the Conchords
- Mad Men
- Big Love
Eight favorite fruits:
- white peaches
- honeydew melon
- rambutan (only once, but mmmmmm…..)
- cantaloupe (only if properly ripened)
Eight places I’d like to travel:
- The Netherlands (see above)
- Mexico (all over the country)
- Eastern Europe
Eight places I’ve lived:
(in no particular order)
- a place or two in Texas
- Jerusalem, Israel
- Los Angeles
- Guadalajara, Mexico
- Torrejon AFB, Madrid, Spain
- A couple of other places in Texas 🙂
People I’ve tagged: