We take a break from our normally scheduled angstiness for a brief ICLW breather. Not to worry, regular-readers, I’ll be back to the parsing of my past before ICLWeek is up, I can hardly resist. 🙂 In the meantime…
Jendeis nominated me for this, or awarded me with it, or whatever the proper nomenclature is. 🙂 The rules are:
1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs you find brilliant in content or design.
2. Show the 7 winners’ names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they have won the Honest Scrap award. My winners are:
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself
1) I already did this meme. On my old, defunct blog. I’m not sure if that “counts” or not (or who would be doing the counting?), but this is my second-go round the scrap-mobile.
2) I am at a much higher weight than when I lived in Mexico before (where I just went on vacation last week). I felt much more comfortable walking around as I did not attract the same degree of male attention as I did when I lived there 10+ years ago. That male gaze can be so…distressing to me. And I definitely did not miss the catcalls.
3) I am a strong introvert and really need my alone time.
4) I still have more mig.raines than I should, but they are back to their old number of “normal for me” vs. every single day, which was what was happening before the Great Escape. Amazing what not being verbally abused will do for the body, hmm?
5) I just found out I’m a “9” on the En.neagram. I’m really fascinated by it and could get really into it, but I’ve got a number of things I’m working on (see: my issues, my angst, getting my shit together) as well as a couple of books I’m already working through, though I think this Enn.eagram stuff could also be helpful in a self-actualizing sense.
6) I’ve known for a long time that I’m an INFJ in the My.ers-Bri.ggs personality typing. Actually I used to think I was an “e” for extravert, but that is total baloney.
7) If you couldn’t tell from the last two items, I am really into what makes people tick, be it their innate personality, experiences they have had, traumas that have happened to them, etc. Probably because I’m a 9. And an INFJ. Ha.
8) I am trying to stay far, far away from the Tw.ilight books, mostly because they have been likened to “crack” by several people I know. A friend of mine wrote on f.acebook that she wished she could just open up a vein and mainline them. Yeah. I’m trying not to fall into that hole right now.
9) I graduated summa cum laude from my university. I think I had my self worth a little too wrapped up in my g.p.a. at that point, but, whatever.
10) I never really know when I’m going to be hit by the baby-lust. Most of the time now I’m ok, but every once in a while, WHAM! And then it’s like, I want to kidnap your children. Well, maybe not YOUR children, but definitely the mom sitting next to me in the li-berry who can’t seem to take two seconds for a gentle word for her kid, but sure can jerk his arm around pretty rough and make sure his vocabulary is complete starting with all the four-letter words. Sigh.