- I am fatigued with a capital T-I-R-E-D. The good news is that I no longer think it’s because something essential is wrong with me; I’m pretty sure it’s because of being on the wrong meds, and now because of the effects of stopping those meds. So I’d like to sleep about 15 hours a day (and the doc confirmed that my thyroid is A-OK, so it’s not that), but I’m hopeful that I’ll perk up soon.
- Today’s the third day off the old med and on the new, and I’m feeling much less anxious (just tired), so that adds to the hope that things will be noticeably better soon. Right now it’s feeling primarily physical, which isn’t fun, but is less crazy-making than the other stuff.
- I promise, I’ll stop hashing out my medical history soon. I know things have been boring around here lately.
- I’m having dinner with a friend who’s here from out of town tonight. It feels a bit weird calling him my “friend.” He was my realtor before the whole foreclosure debacle. The weirdness is because he’s a person from my life with X. He’s in the Jewish community back where we used to live (where X was one of the congregational rabbis) and I’m sure the conversation will center on people and things back there. I’m not dreading it, but I have a feeling it may be a bit strange, particularly because I am so disconnected from most of those people now.
- It isn’t just blogging that I’ve been doing the minimum—I’m basically getting by on my looks at work right now (and, um, yeah). But we’re hopeful, hopeful, hopeful, dammit. I will feel better soon, whether I like it or not.